Utah Brewery Map

Friday, November 18, 2005

LOCAL HOLIDAY SEASONALS

Jenny Tally over at Squatters has just done a done a great spice beer for the holidays. I'm going to drop the ball on this one, because I can't remember the name. I tried it a few weeks ago while it was still fermenting. From what I remember it had a lighter malt base (maybe wheat & Cara Pils) made with a nice array of fall spices. Nutmeg, allspice, clove and cinnamon. I believe Belgium Trappist yeast was use istead of they're normal ale variety. It's spicey without being overpowering. Kinda Punkinpie-esque.
It's very quaffable with a nice harvest flair.

Desert Edge has an Okatoberfest out right now that worth a try. It's with sweet caramel and nutty notes with a minor fruitiness. The finish was dry and had a slight spicy/citric hop presence. This is decent autumn beer. It wasn't exciting in any way, but worth a try.

No comments: