- A restructuring of the licenses for restaurants and bars, further separating the two.
- Shrinking the distance restaurants that serve liquor must be from community locations like churches and schools.
- Mandatory ID checks for anyone who sits in a "dispensary area" where alcohol is poured.
- No more than two drinks before a patron at a time.
- Beer labels must comply to a state standard, including making sure there is no confusion between a malted beverage and a soda pop.
- Creates a pair of anti-underage drinking programs in eighth and 10th grades.
- More training for waiters, bartenders and restaurants.
- The Utah Department of Public Safety will do more to track sales to underage people.
- "Booze carts" are forbidden.
- Beer in grocery and convenience stores will be limited in where it can be displayed (to one or two areas).
- A hike of 2% in the cost of liquor.
As it stands, this bullshit compromise is no compromise. It's a reminder to you normal adults that those (Latter Day Saints) in the legislature are still in charge and you are nothing more than a guest in your own home. Don't let this pass as it's currently written - it could still change. Please keep your eyes on this closely and act appropriately.
If that not enough to send you over the edge, we must also work to defeat HB155 the 0.05 BAC bill, which is of great concern as it would make criminals out of responsible restaurant patrons who enjoy an alcoholic beverage with their meal, negatively impact the restaurant industry and image of our state. Please help out in smashing HB155. This bill has already passed the house and is will be up for committee in the Senate. THESE BILLS CURRENTLY THREATENS TO PASS INTO LEGISLATION! We need to focus our attention on the senate NOW. Please click this link: https://le.utah.gov/GIS/findDistrict.jsp to find out who your Senator is and contact them today! Stay united, finish this year strong and we will have an unprecedented 2017 session. For more information please see the talking points below.