Utah Brewery Map

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Leffe Blonde Abby Ale

There's a great treat available at the Bayou for a short time. Mark scored a couple of cases of Leffe Blonde Abby Ale. It's not normaly available in slc. This shipment made it's way here for The Sundance Film Festival. This is a nice ale. It reminds me of a low alcohol Belgium Tripple. The nose is of sweet malts, candi sugar, pear, spicey yeast and clove. The taste starts honey-esque with fruits, strong yeast and spice, with a lightly hopped peppery/floral finish. I'm a "brunette" guy, but I'll drop my droors for this blondie anytime.

3 comments:

Brendan said...

Mike,

i never got your email, not sure if you reveiwed comments below, but you're welcome to excerpt portions of "Boogie goes to Utah" for the blog. All I ask is that you credit me and my blog.
thanks! visit philly, I'll get you hammered at Monk's.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

The Beer Experience said...

Leffe Blonde, 6.6% ABV

Leffe Blonde is no doubt the most famous of the Leffe brewery's portfolio of about eight beers (regular and seasonal). This pale ale is a year-round favourite internationally and is available at just about every venue that serves any form for Belgian and/or world beers. Its ubiquity is for good reason, as it is an excellent example of a Belgian spicy pale beer ...

My review of Leffe Blonde