Utah Brewery Map

Friday, February 07, 2014

New Beer Friday 2/7/14

Let the Winter Olympics Begin! Some of my colleagues are in Sochi, Russia right now, probably suffering through some pretty poor beer choices (Russia isn't know for it's beer variety) So I thought we'd rub it in a little and let them know what they're missing out on. Be safe Boys and Girls!


Anderson Valley - Heelch O' Hops DIPA: The nose is full of pine, citrus And peach. The flavor starts peachy with citrus and pine. Sugary caramel malt and toast bring up the middle with a nice piney bitterness rounding out the end. finishes semi dry with a hint of alcohol. Overall a very nice, juicy beer. 8.7% ABV @Beerhive

Squatters - Chocolate Rye Stout:  Made with chocolate rye malt the roastiness of the beer is a little more subdued than those made with regular chocolate or roasted barley. But the flavor is also so much more intense. It has a wonderful, smooth milk chocolate flavor with a hint of spicines. The amount of roasted bitterness is also much less making this one damn quaffable chocolate stout. 4.0% ABV Now Pouring on Squatters' "Bumper Crop" Seasonal taps where available.

Zion Canyon - Redemption India Pale Ale: I've not had this one, It's described as a "West coast style pale ale with assertive citrus notes and a rich, malty body". 4.0% ABV @Zion Canyon

The Annex - Pale Ale with Simcoe Hops: Not tried this one yest either. Anyone? I love Simcoe hops I'm sure it's nice and fruity. 4.0% ABV @The Annex

I'm sure I missed something, please share if I did!

Budem zdorovy!

5 comments:

Erick said...

Did you miss the Rogue Double Chocolate Stout? Found it in Moab and at Foothill. If anyone has found a Firestone XVII please post.

Matthew said...

Double Chocolate at Sugar house as well. I think it needs some aging. A little bit of bitterness in the bottle I had the other day.

Matthew said...

Double Chocolate at Sugar house as well. I think it needs some aging. A little bit of bitterness in the bottle I had the other day.

Mikey said...

Thanks for having my back Erick, the Rogue Double Chocolate has been around for years. But we don't get it every year. Prost.

DJ said...

Saw Powder Hound (Winter Ale) from Big Sky in the store today. I know it's been out for a while but I was surprise to see it here in UT.