Utah Brewery Map

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thank You!

I just wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to all of you that were able to attend the Second Annual Utah Beer Holiday Tasting.

You were all so generous, not just with you beer but your food and great conversation. I was sad the night had to end as early as it did. Just as well... Mrs. Mikey was about drop kick one of her Jimmy Choo's up my back door. Something about me having a "wee bit too much"?

Anyway, like most of you I was able to sample a lot great stuff and I'm sure what I was able to sample was less than 10% of what was actually there. I love it when people come up to you and say, "Oh my gawd... you gotta try dis" over and over.

We actually had three other states representing besides Utah. Great craft beer lovers from Nevada, Idaho and Arizona all brought some of their local flavor to the party and really proved this wasn't just a Utah thing.

Thanks to all the Utah Brewers for "doing what you did". It's always great to pick your brains, and I know many of the attendees loved getting to know you guys better.

That's all I got. I you have any great photo you'd like to share please upload them to the Utah Beer Facebook page or you can send them to utahbeer@gmail.com and I'll post them on the blog. Thanks Again.

Cheers!

7 comments:

Craig said...

Thanks to everybody involved in putting this together. It was a great time with plenty of great beers and nice people.

kent said...

Thank you all as well. I had a fantastic time. Everyone was so giving it was just great. It was fun to see all those that I'd met before and nice to make some new friends.

Twas the definition of good times.

Douglas said...

Thanks Mikey. I had a great time, some awesome beers were shared. The Cascade stuff was amazing (thanks Jordan). Dallas hooked up the Bottleworks Big Sky! So much more. On an odd note, my man Dave brought me a Expedition Stout- my favorite. I left it out and I saw sadly that it got drank:( without me. But then Sunday morning I find a full Expedition in my living room. What happened? Beer magic I guess.

KAGent777 said...

Thank you all so much. I had such a wonderful time.

Just wanted to say that the highlights for me were to stand out beers that I have wanted to try for a long time now. Big thanks you to whoever brought the GI Bourbon County Brand Stout as well as the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. Everyone was so generous with the beers that they brought, and there was winner after winner, all night long.

Ricky H. said...

Yeah, it was amazing. I have to mirror Doug on Bonnie and Dallas's Bottleworks blended stout. And Kent, my brew buddie Quinn was ranting and raving about your holiday barley wine for about 20 minutes in the parking lot. If that beer had a fan club he would be its president.
Eds double was a highlight for me as well. It made Sanctuary taste like carpet cleaner.

Chris Detrick said...

thanks for putting this together mikey! It was a great time and I can't wait for next year.

T said...

We had a helluva great time Mikey, thanks again for hosting this party. It was fun to geek-out about beer with old and new friends.

Cheers!