Utah Brewery Map

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Behind Zion's Curtain

When I see the title, "Department of Alcohol Beverage Control" my first gut reaction is to wince. I know something difficult is about to accompany those words, and some days I just don't have the strength to deal with all the BS that comes with it.

Just as often, it can also bring me joy, some of my favorite treats are available there.

This is the reality that many consumers and purveyors of adult beverages face from Utah's favorite socialized industry.

I enjoy spouting off about the DABC every chance I get. It's the best "free" therapy a beer lover in Utah can self administer.

I'm not alone, many have the need to "spout off" and spread the word that, things ain't right and a change is needed...soon!

Film maker, Jason Vance is one such frustrated Utahan. Jason has been working on  Behind Zion's Curtain, a documentary that tries to bring the tainted agency's shadowy underbelly in to the light.

The first trailer for his documentary is out, ready to chap-your-ass and make your blood boil. Check it out below.

Behind Zion's Curtain Trailer from Jason Vance on Vimeo.


Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Any idea yet on how we will be able to see it? Will it be online?

Thanks,
Brian

Jason Vance said...

We are currently working with the independent theaters in Salt Lake City to debut the film.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to this also but I must say its pronounced ZEYE-ON, as in Scion...and its ALta, not ALLta. Sorry but it seems too out of towner when its said Zayhun or whatever the hell.