Utah Brewery Map

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Let's All Get Untapped

In an attempt to bring us all closer together as a beer community, I'm always looking at various social media options to see what may be the most beneficial app for we Utah beer lovers.

After test driving about a half dozen social beer apps I think I've found one that combines a good beer database with  location, photo & rating capabilities. It's called Untapped.

Untapped is basically Facebook for beer lovers. It allows users to share what their drinking - where & when in real time . It also has the ability (when enabled) to locate nearby Untapped friends via GPS for hook-ups or to just see what's being enjoyed nearby.

This is one of those Apps that really works best when it's got a good community behind it. I know a few of us are already on Untapped and have found it useful. Especially when trying to find the new beers that have just hit the market.

Untapped is free and is available for Apple & Droid devices. My user name is Utahbeer.

Cheers!

11 comments:

Steve Koonce said...

My name's thedailybeard ... it's also thedailybeard on twitter. Hit me up!

Jamie said...

I just signed up as beernutjamie

Jamie said...

I just signed up as beernutjamie

Douglas said...

And for a much better site, with a much better database see ratebeer.com

Mikey said...

@ Douglas. True! best database on the planet. But for social networking their app isn't designed to connect in the way Untapped does.

Mikey said...

Ok! Many people have friended me on Untapped. Now friend with my friends & I'll do the same with yours.

Barley's Angels Utah said...

barleysangelsutah

and my personal account is

beerbarella

Gonna go look for you now!

Douglas said...

The Ratebeer mobile app is pretty good, but it can always be improved. Message me with any ideas you have Mikey! We're always working on things. I'm Douglas88 on rate beer.

Zach B said...

add me ... cheddahbiscuits

Darren R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren R said...

Just added you, and they also have a facebook and twitter page so you can get updates about new badges and events.