Utah Brewery Map

Friday, July 30, 2010

Elephant IPA and Other Beer News

Earlier this year RedRock Brewing Co. erected a new brewing facility to help expand their brewing operations out side of the pub and give the boys in the brewhouse a little extra elbow room.

Designed primarily for the commercial aspects of the business the new brewery has for the most part been helping to keep up with their kegging demands and storage of oak barrels.

Now the new brewhouse is finally moving into high gear. With addition of a new bottling line RedRock is moving forward with new beers to add to the new Utah beer landscape.

To christen the new bottling line RedRock "Beer Yogi" Kevin Templin has developed Elephant a new Imperial India Pale Ale that's big on hops without stripping the enamel off your teeth.

Imagine plucking a tangerine off tree, ripping it open and... and just crushing in your mouth. That's how juicy the hop profile is on this som' bitch! Medium to full bodied malts and an 8% abv will get you to your happy place pronto. Should be available next week sometime at around $5 a 16 oz. bottle.

RedRock also has a great Saison on-tap a the brewpub right now. This one is all thirst quencher. Great spicy notes up front with a huge lemony finish - all thanks to a brilliantly blended yeast cocktail. Very limited, only ten barrels made - won't be around for more than a few days.

And if that wasn't enough from the RedRock camp, plans are underway for a third RR Brewpub to be located at Fashion Place Mall, near the Cheese Cake Factory. No set open date yet, possibly by years end.

Okay, as you can see the RedRock guys have been busy. Squatters has got some good beer news going on as well.

Starting today (Friday July 30) Squatters is selling their Big Cottonwood Amber at the downtown pub. Out the door sale will be done at the bottle shop (brewery door).
The bottle shop hours will be Monday, Wednesday and Fridays noon - 3pm. Jenny appoligizes for the limited hours, but they have to make them work around the brew schedule for now. $5/22 ounce. 1 case per person per visit.

This is part of their Small Batch Series so the quantity is limited. Right now their just selling the Big Cottonwood, but starting September 1st they'll be selling 529 and Fifth Element for $12.95/750ml.

In other beer news batch #4 of Epic's Hopulent IPA is in the breweries cold case and the Bayou is selling Hoppers' Double Black Lager.

Have I given you enough?!

Cheers!

11 comments:

Craig said...

Sounds like some great beers!
I had the Saison yesterday, very nice.

Anonymous said...

Yo Mikey..
The Elephant Bottle is a 16oz bottle, not 14oz..
Cheers
Geoff

Douglas said...

Sounds really nice. I can't wait to try the Amber and the Elephant. Can I add that I enjoy beers that strip the enamel off your teeth! But still, I'm stoked for the IIPA. Cheers to Red Rock and Squatters.

Douglas said...

The Big Cottonwood kicks ass!

Missing in Andy said...

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the reference to Smokey and the Bandit.

Anonymous said...

Redrock just put the Elephant IPA up for sale and it is a beautiful thing!!

Mikey said...

Corrected. Thanks, Geoff.

Douglas said...

Thanks for the tip Mr Anonymous. I'm picking some Elephant up soon. I assume sales are only from the Brewpub out the door?

Anonymous said...

I likey, Elaphant super hoppy and yes, resinous like it should be but with medium bitterness, and not thin yet not too syrupy sweet if you know what I mean.
I will buy again, at 6.50 a pop.
Also, the Cottonwood is a very satifying beer. Keep it up!
HomeBrewer Hal

Reamus said...

I say about the redrock Elephant IPA is that it is full bodied, full hopped, full juiced, and Lord knows it, Fortifying.
Amen to that.

Anonymous said...

I have so far tried from epic the wheat, smoked and oaked and the cross over.
I don't know if I just have had them at the wrong time but I was pretty disappointed with them. The oaked just wasn't really my style but I could tell it was good for someone who would like an smoked beer. I am pretty much ready to give up trying any more, can you recommend anything that you consider to be some of the best, or have been rated so? I would hate to give up so soon.
Thank