Utah Brewery Map

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Utah Beer Challenge

Since it's all about "brackets" right now and there's nothing else to write about, I thought it'd be fun to have a little informal, local beer competition.

The rules are simple. Two days to vote in each single elimination round. The beers have been paired randomly, vote for your favorite in the column to the right.

The four top beers from each Utah Brewery have been selected, as determined by RateBeer.com's database. That's a total of 64 beers. I will post a bracket at the end of each round to help you keep score.

Voting for this part of Round 1 ends 3/16 at 8:30am. Any questions?

Cheers!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brackets are on the lower right ⤷

kent said...

There was at least one really hard choice for me there.

Genius idea this "playoff" Mr. Mikey sir.

Mikey said...

Agreed, Kent. I was not happy to see two of my favorite locals go head to head so early, but random is random. :(

kent said...

Exactly. And that's what I loved about it. I had to think if presented with just these two what would I order? And there was my answer.

DJ said...

Check out Ski the Easts beer bracket, they're already on round two. THe only aspect I don't like about theirs isn't local only. Glad Utah decided to do one too, hope it really is local only.

http://www.skitheeast.net/beerbracket

Mikey said...

Dj. That's great bracket, very well done.

Rest assured, this will be a locals only competition.

Anonymous said...

There is a similar poll at the draft magazine website, a march madness them based on beer. I believe epic has a beer listed.
cheers.

utahwineknows said...

I am putting together a first annual Best of Utah Beer and Cheese event. Will keep you posted!

Mikey said...

Brilliant! Please keep us posted.