Utah Brewery Map

Monday, July 20, 2009

Beerhive Opens Today

************UPDATE***************
I just stopped by the Beerhive and one of those unforeseen issues has arisen. So if you want to stop-on-by today, I'd call first. (801) 364-4268.

Baring any unforeseen problems or issues The Beerhive Utah's newest craft beer bar will open it's doors today, expanding the options for a community that is starved for quality craft beer. This will be a "soft" opening, so don't expect anything rare or new... for now anyway.

Del has a pretty ambitious list of beers for his new place, I guarantee this will create a lot of extremely happy campers along the Wasatch Front. Besides an outstanding selection of local, national & international fare, the coming months may bring Stone Brewing, Dogfish Head, Ninkasi and Pelican Brewing just to name a few. I don't know how he's doing it, but he's very confident about these "gets".

The Beerhive is at 128 s Main St. in SLC. Hope to see you there.

Also, while I've got you. Has anyone seen AYINGER'S WEIZEN BOCK??? The state has it listed, and I desperately want to try it. If anyone has seen it, post it up!
Cheers!

14 comments:

Murgatroid Brewing said...

Ive seen it at the Fort union store

Brian said...

Dogfish Head & Stone!!! That would be incredible! Stone IPA is very, very good. Dogfish Head IPAs are unbelievably good! I would drive from anywhere in the state to have their 90 Minute IPA!

Stone IPA reviews

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA reviews

Mikey said...

Much thanks for the info Robert.

kent said...

This is very exciting. Sounds like I know where I'll be hitting this weekend.

Douglas said...

I've never seen the Ayinger Weizen-Bock around. It's a winter release and seems pretty limited in distribution. I'd like to try it as well, let me know if you find one Mikey. Also, I'll be at the beerhive at some point soon.

Brandon Worrell said...

What the heck? Dogfish head and stone? Amazing.... hope he comes through with those!

Carlos said...

Dropped by while takin' a walk with my girlfriend yesterday. Asked when they'd open and whomever was behind the bar said today. So..hopefully today!

Andrew said...

They were opened yesterday. Had a few Hazed and Infused after work. The place is pretty spiffy and even the early selection of beers is good.

Mikey said...

It really is a nice looking bar. Once they get all the artwork & signage on the walls it should really shine.

Carlos said...

We ended up makin' it there on Tuesday. Great place. The frosted bar was very interesting. It was weird. I'm used to my beers being significantly warmer by the time I get to the bottom of them, however every time I took a sip towards the end it'd surprise me how cold it was. I will probably need to regulate the time that the beer sits on that thing while I'm drinking :)

Loved the look of the place. I also loved that it was kinda empty when we were there, though that will surely (hopefully!) change. Something nice about sitting in a quiet bar just drinking a beer.

kent said...

I plan on hitting it Friday afternoon. Good to hear people are enjoying it

Douglas said...

Had a great time at the beerhive. The bar is very nice and the selection was good. I'm really looking forward to the expanded selection some time in the future. Do they have a website yet?

Mikey said...

No website yet. Del did mention that he was expecting Deschutes Red Chair in the next couple of weeks.

Douglas said...

Awesome. That Red Chair sounds nice.